Maintenance Technician - Plymouth, MN
March 17, 2021
Plymouth, MN, US
A two-year associate degree, or equivalent experience, in Industrial/Manufacturing Maintenance. 5+ years of experience in Industrial/Manufacturing setting is preferred. Good working knowledge of electronics and mechanical aspects of production equipment. Strong computer skills are preferred. Good problem solving and interpersonal skills. The ability to lift up to 75lbs. required.
Perform duties to maintain and repair a variety of production equipment, tools, and fixtures. Troubleshoot problems and determine solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform skilled preventative and corrective maintenance and major repairs on various electrical and mechanical equipment
2. Document all maintenance, maintain inventory of equipment and repair work and materials used in the computerized maintenance management system and (SAP)
3. Respond to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
4. Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
5. Work with service representatives and manufactures to schedule repairs and generate return material authorizations.
6. Study blueprints and manufacturers' manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
7. Establish and maintain parts inventory for all production equipment and tooling.
8. Work with buyers to replenish depleted inventory stock in a timely basis.
9. Prepare equipment for international and domestic shipping.
10. Research and present ideas to solve maintenance or safety related problems.
11. Lead in the set up and arrangement of production lines and equipment.
12. Assists in on-the-job training for all skill types that are involved with the maintenance and repair of equipment.
13. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas incorporating 5S standards.
14. Some nights & weekends required for rebuilding equipment
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.