Maintenance Technician II-Injection Molding - Plymouth, MN
June 25, 2021
Maintenance Technician II - Injection Molding
Plymouth, MN, US
A two year Associate’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Industrial/Manufacturing Maintenance and 2-4 years of experience in Industrial/Manufacturing setting is highly preferred. Must have extensive knowledge on Injection Molding machines. Good working knowledge of electronics and mechanical aspects of production equipment. Strong computer skills are preferred. Good problem solving and interpersonal skills. The ability to lift up to 50lbs. required.
Focused mainly on injection molding maintenance functions, encompassing Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, etc. Overflow work involves supporting non-Injection Molding Maintenance Technicians in their duties. Work independently or in a team situation; good attitude and communication skills. Plan and arrange own work. Good problem solving ability. Practice safe maintenance procedures in compliance to company policies, OSHA requirements and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Injection Molding Specific Duties:
1. Perform highly specific duties to diagnose, repair, install, and maintain production and facility’s injection molding equipment.
2. Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to valves, switches, heater bands, barrel and screws, pumps, and motors.
3. Observe and test the operation of injection molding machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
4. Read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints, schematics and specifications.
5. Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
6. Work with technical support representatives to install new equipment, troubleshoot machine problems, handle warranties and return material authorizations.
7. Performs routine maintenance on injection molding machines, including oil level and quality, greasing of moving components, and replacing wear components.
8. Assists with and participates in on-the-job training for all skill types that are involved with the maintenance and repair of equipment.
9. Provide coaching to other team members to help in their and the overall team’s continued development.
10. Overflow non-Injection Molding Specific Duties
11. Assist other Maintenance Technicians in their duties as needed.
12. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas incorporating 5S standards.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.