Corporate Trainer - Plymouth, MN
June 29, 2021
Minneapolis, MN, US
Create and facilitate training programs for on-site corporate based seminars and in-the-field based sessions for employees, manufacturer’s representatives and the distribution channel representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Proactively arrange in person seminars and virtual webinars to train reps, distributors, employees and customers. Customize and effectively brand training and all materials to meet target audience needs.
2. Works collaboratively with Sales, Product Managers and Human Resources to assess training needs of the sales force. Conducts comprehensive needs assessments, identifies learning opportunities to address performance gaps and meet business needs.
3. Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of sales training efforts, including learning transfer and the impact of learning on business results.
4. Builds and manages the design of curriculums and learning resources.
5. Prepare lesson plans, training aids & manuals relevant to training material.
6. Manage and coordinate the creation of on-demand digital training content including video and E-learning courses.
7. Develop training calendar for the ongoing training curriculum.
8. Coordinate training sessions ensuring facility setup, and audiovisual needs as required.
9. Effectively manage pre/post class activities that promote optimal learning.
10. Provide results & feedback to upper management and other internal customers.
11. Regularly read industry literature and publications to stay informed regarding best practices, industry trends, and new advancements.
12. Manage an established training budget.
Must have 4 year degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and 2+ years of related sales training experience. Experience working with both internal and external sales teams required. Excellent Communication skills – (written, verbal, development) and superior presentation and interpersonal skills. Must have a strong attention to detail and be highly organized. Ability to work independently on multiple assignments with minimal supervision. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Ability to travel 2-3 weeks a month nationally.