Automation Production Technician - Plymouth, MN
March 31, 2022
Automation Production Technician
Plymouth, MN, US
- Associates degree in a relevant discipline such as Electronics, Robotics, or Technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-5 years of manufacturing automation experience.
- 1-5 years of experience with electrical wiring, electrical controls, and HMIs.
- Familiarity with PLC controlled devices (Allen Bradley and Siemens) and PLC controls, protocols, and platforms
- MS Office Suite experience required.
Monitor and support production runs on multiple automated devices and perform routine diagnostic checks on automated systems. Isolate problems and perform necessary small repairs. Perform production control, quality inspections, and raw material management as required. Prepare reports and recommend upgrades or changes to equipment or processes. Manage multiple devices and prioritize actions in support of manufacturing objectives. Assist with installation, integration, and programming efforts during the commissioning phase for new automation equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently support daily production objectives by providing troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, upgrades, and improvement modifications on automation equipment.
- Ensure the machines are properly calibrated, the equipment works at proper parameters, and analyze the results to ensure they meet company standards.
- Troubleshoot production issues and determine the issue type (mechanical, electrical, or software/controls).
- Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs, preferably while processes continue to run.
- Provide troubleshooting and maintenance support for all assigned automated systems.
- Perform tooling changeovers, calibrations, repairs, adjustments, and replacement of components.
- Maintain correct, timely, and complete manufacturing documentation.
- Support manufacturing quality assurance activities.
- Install, maintain, and inspect workstation installations throughout the facility.
- Provide system operation training on the assigned automation systems.
- Provide expertise to continue the advancement of automated systems throughout the Production site.
- Assist Engineering and Production personnel with the specification, installation, and modification of systems.
- Power up electrical systems and configure hardware per specifications.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring for Production Manufacturing personnel.
- Install and service a variety of systems including safety and security, energy delivery (hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical), communication, and process control systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.