Special Pricing Manager - Plymouth, MN
April 15, 2022
This job requires a 2-year degree along with a Customer Service or Inside Sales background equivalent to 6 ½ to 8 years’ experience. Must have general knowledge of Turck products and how we go to market. Must be able to work independently with short turnaround times and have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple activities. Must have strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical and negotiation skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have experience with Excel.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for own work with very limited supervision. Supervises the Pricing Analyst and Channel Adjustment Analyst. Gives training and collaborates with Regional Sales Managers, Engineers, Business Development Managers, Directors, Customer Service, Accounting, direct sales force, Reps, Distributors, Warranty Department and Forecasting functions.
Evaluate special pricing requests submitted by Turck’s Regional Sales Managers (RSMs), Reps, Business Development Managers, Product Engineers, Project Engineers, and Distributors on behalf of existing and potential customers to ensure we keep existing business and obtain new business profitably.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all Regional Sales Manager, Rep and Distributor telephone calls and e-mails requests for special pricing needs for factory and process automation.
- Analyze pricing request using competitive files, catalogs, Turck strategies, existing samples, competitive bids, projected volume and other factors to determine the proper pricing structure in order to obtain new business profitably.
- Timely preparation of special pricing documents using quote program in Turck Connect. Responsible for distributing the quote to the appropriate people and for maintaining the quote as a useable document.
- Communicate with Divisional VP’S, Directors, Business Development Managers, Product Managers, Regional Sales Managers, etc. regarding the interpretation, negotiation and administration of pricing agreements and to request advice and/or relay information.
- Responsible for the supervision of Pricing Analyst and the Channel Adjustment Analyst. Will conduct employee reviews with VP – Sales.
- Communicate daily with Pricing Analyst reviewing quotes, discussing strategies, etc.
- Work with Channel Adjustment Analyst on rebate issues and commission adjustments.
- Keep up to date competitive files on pricing and discount structures.
- Constantly expand the scope of the department to have increased influence in the sales channel through innovation and providing useful information to make Turck compete better in the marketplace.
- Supply VP – Sales and Regional Sales Managers with reports as needed.
- Work with Directors to establish list price guidelines for new products.
- Work with Product Managers to maintain and update list prices on existing product lines.
- Set up rebate program with Distributors.
- Work with Customer Service on quote issues and rebate issues.
- Cross competitor part numbers to Turck equivalents using literature, internet and Master Cross.
- Work with Product Managers and VP’s on costing issues (i.e., incorrect pricing or when better pricing is needed).
- Work with Germany on Global pricing agreements.
- Work with RSM’s, Reps, and VP of Sales on setting up National Agreements for North America.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
The majority of the work is performed in an office setting with heavy phone and computer work where multi-tasking is continuous. This job moves at a very high pace and requires a person who is a problem solver and can make decisions based on information gathered from the field and internal co-workers. Occasional trips to local facilities and the field.