Human Resources Intern
May 12, 2021
Human Resources Intern
Minneapolis, MN, US
Perform duties to provide human resource assistance to the Human Resources department and general customer service and guidance to Turck employees.
The job requires someone that is enrolled in an accredited university program, preferably with an emphasis in the human resources, business management, or data analytics. Ideally, the individual will have some work experience, preferably in a customer service or similar environment. Must be a team player who works well with others.
Must be proficient with a personal computer and software including Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, HRIS Software, calculator, and common office equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides general assistance to the HR Service Center Team, focusing on the following areas:
1.1 Communicates, answers questions, resolves issues/concerns and follows up on suggestions related to Human Resources policies, procedures, benefits, payroll and well-being initiatives with employees and leaders.
1.2 Supports the HR Team in enhancing and maintaining HR business processes, ensuring they are up to date with accurate vendors, work step instructions, and resources.
1.3 Supports the HR Team with process improvements, tools, and resources where appropriate.
1.4 Organizes, gathers, maintains and updates all employee information and personnel files in all necessary databases including but not limited to HRIS, Turck Connect, Teams, Outlook, Training Dashboard, compensation software, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and OneNote.
1.5 Performs the day-to-day responsibilities within the following functional areas: internal communications, healthcare cost management, compliance, safety and employee recognition events or initiatives.
1.6 Creates and updates reports to support HR Team, employees, and leaders as needed.
1.7 Performs, supports, and communicates annual, monthly, and weekly HR metrics reporting. Analyzes and makes recommendations as needed for sustainable HR operations.
2. May assist HR Team with staffing procedures to include but not limited to maintaining job files, coordinating and scheduling interviews for hiring managers and HR team members and posting open positions. May also assist with sourcing candidates and optimizing social media recruiting venues.
3. Assist with the planning and execution of various employee appreciation events (i.e., recognition events, service award program, well-being activities, etc).
4. Assist with internal communications projects and processes.
5. Provide general assistance to all HR department personnel. Projects vary from day-to-day, but may include troubleshooting issues that arise when other personnel are unavailable along with special projects.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.