Project Engineer- Connectivity - Plymouth, MN
July 19, 2021
Project Engineer- Connectivity
Plymouth, MN, US
4-year degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent in experience plus 3 years minimum related industrial market experience. Basic computer knowledge. Sales and Marketing Training/Experience is a plus but not required.
The purpose of this position is to provide expert product support to all levels – IS, AE, RSM, FA, PA, Reps, and Customers, to develop custom product to work within customer applications and develop business through account management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide product support to all levels. Give expert technical support on all Connectivity products. Respond to all inquiries. Provide documentation when necessary. Evaluate applications, recommend solutions. Create product documentation as needed.
2. Creation of custom product offerings. Evaluate applications requiring non-standard products based on business feasibility. Research and source materials and tooling required for custom product with external suppliers. Provide cost analysis for quoting. Initiate new product documentation. Initiate R&D projects as required.
3. Creation of new product descriptions. Process requests from Inside Sales for creation of new identification numbers. Ensure requests are in correct format and can be built as standard product.
4. Responsible for all Connectivity projects in assigned region. Manage new product development and accounts as needed. Provide in-field support, including travel, to assigned region as needed. Support other regions as required.
5. Participation in training seminars. Develop training materials for in-house training seminars. Present materials to students in an informative manner. Network with seminar students.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.