Project Manager I – Development - Minneapolis, MN
November 8, 2021
Project Mgr I - Development
Plymouth, MN, US
Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or industrial engineering (or equivalent) with at least 3 years of combined project management and design experience of electromechanical components, electronic packaging techniques, environment testing, plastics engineering and/or injection mold design. The qualified candidate will have project management skills, an understanding of project budgeting and reporting, and communication and leadership skills. Microsoft Office Products knowledge, including Project Professional is required. Project Server and SharePoint experience is strongly preferred. Experience with Lean Product Development practices is desired but not required.
Manage the completion of multiple projects from project proposal to project completion. Facilitate the project team in developing the project scope, timeline, and budget. Track and update project scope, timeline, and budget throughout the development process. Prepare project update reports for development team and upper management. Work with other departments throughout the development process to develop projects on time and on budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Product Management, Development, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality to develop new products. Coordinate the identification of the project scope. Develop the project plan to meet the project scope including required tasks, timeline, and budget. Delegate tasks and responsibilities as laid out in the project plan to appropriate team members.
- Monitor and report the progress of the project to all stakeholders including remaining work, remaining cost/budget,
- Schedule project review meetings with key stakeholders at key stages throughout the development project to discuss project metrics (scope, project analysis report, timeline, budget, and end product costs) to verify the project is valid and justified.
- Escalate issues to the project team, to senior management, and to project stakeholders as appropriate in a timely manner for resolution to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify impacts on the timeline, project budget and end product costs.
- Perform final project evaluations and analysis during project closeout phase.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.