Harness Production Supervisor - Plymouth, MN
April 12, 2022
This job requires a college degree or its equivalent along with three to five years’ experience in understanding production flow and procedures. Lean Mfg. and SAP knowledge. Problem solving support, able to help resolve problems. Must have good leadership skills, verbal communication skills and be able to work with a variety of people. Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook (including Email and Calendar functions) and Excel along with some technical skills required.
Responsible for the daily supervision of Harness production employees and activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages production order distribution with Lead Assemblers, including assigning appropriate number of Assemblers per order and skill level needed to complete the order promptly and within Turck’s quality standards. Balance assembler resources per order needs.
- Provides guidance, or coordinates the applicable resources needed, to Assemblers for tasks of each order. Works closely with Lead Assemblers, technicians, or engineers to ensure appropriate support is provided for technical questions and for implementation of new processes.
- Manages order priority on the floor from the Dispatch List
- Responsible for the coordination of training and instruction of assemblers by working with Turck trainers and Harness technicians to ensure proper training is completed.
- Responsible for monitoring and acting on key performance indicators (KPIs) and work scheduling in specific operations and with other Production Supervisors.
- Suggestions for additional labor resources as needed while communicating with other Production Supervisors and Production Managers. Recommend employees for transfer, promotions, discharges, and wage changes.
- Continuous Improvement ideas, supporting and acting on continuous improvement suggestions in quality, productivity, and on-time completion of production orders. Continuously look for ways to develop oneself, your team, and the processes in your area with cooperation with supporting departments.
- Supports 5S+1, Safety: Lead by example by following and enforcing safe operating practices and keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Supportive when needed to supervise other groups or all groups when backups are necessary, which requires having a thorough understanding of each step in the production process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.