Territory Manager-Northern Ohio
April 15, 2022
This job requires a bachelor’s degree along with two to three year’s sales and/or marketing experience. Manufacturing or machinery experience is helpful.
Responsible for implementing specific sales and marketing strategies in an assigned territory and/or account base. The primary accountability for this position is to grow sales of all Turck products in the assigned territory and/or account base by winning specifications or orders from customers. Customer base includes OEMs, end-users, architect/engineering firms, control system integrators and control system manufacturers.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for own work under limited to zero supervision since this job is performed out-of-state. Responsible for managing distributors (on average, five distributors).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a sales plan for assigned territory and/or accounts.
- Increase overall sales volume in the assigned territory and/or account base to exceed assigned sales objectives.
- Develop new customers to increase account base by leading sales efforts to acquire significant projects, end-user specifications and/or OEM business through direct involvement and coordination of factory resources and channel (distribution) as necessary.
- Vertical penetration of new and existing accounts that are strategic to sales growth in the assigned territory and/or account base.
- Provide inputs to Sales and Marketing Management that will assist them in the development of sales quotas, sales objectives, volume forecasts, marketing plans, advertising programs, sales tool development and new product development.
- Participate in sales meetings, sales training and customer seminars and trade shows as required.
- Work with, train and assist distributors within assigned territory.
- Work and communicate with internal departments for product development and/or customer orders/requirements for product.
- Work with customers and Turck to support product and/or solve product issues at customers.\
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
40-50% of the job is spent away from the office with customers. Frequent local travel within the assigned territory with two to three trips to Turck each year. Safety glasses, earplugs, safety gloves and vests are worn in certain factories.